African Tourism Board Meeting at WTM London 2018
…. where Africa becomes one destination
FIRST ATB meeting at World Travel Market London
When: Monday, November 5, 2018 14.00h
Where: Excel London World Travel Market North Gallery Room 4
Who: Ministers, VIP’s, Stakeholders, Private Industry Companies, ICTP Members, Friends of Africa, Friends of the Media.
Sponsored by: Carol Weaving, Reed Expo, WTM Africa
Opening and Closing: Juergen Steinmetz, Chairman ICTP
- Dr. Taleb Rifai, former Secretary General of UNWTO
- Carol Weaving, Managing Director Reed Exhibition
- Prof. Geoffrey Lipman, SunX and president ICTP : A plan on Climate Friendly Travel – A Plan For Our Kids.
- Alain St. Ange, former Minister of Tourism Seychelles: Discussion on Africa rewriting its narrative to reposition itself as a relevant tourism destination.
- Graham Cooke, president and founder of World Travel Awards
- Tony Smyth, IFree Group, HongKong
The following Ministers or Tourism Board CEO’s have registered and are invited to address the group for 3 minutes:
- Hon. Didier Dogley, Minister of Tourism, Civil Aviation, Ports & Marine, Seychelle
- Hon Anil Kumrsingh GAYAN, SC, Minister of Tourism Mauritius
- Hon. Minister, Madam Memunatu B. Pratt, Minister of Tourism, Sierra Leone
- Hon. Jose Gonçalves, Ministry of Tourism and Ministry for the Sea Cape Verde
- Hon. Priscah Mupfumira, Ministry of Environment, Tourism and Hospitality Industry, Zimbabwe
- Osman Abdi Mohamed, CEO National Tourism Office of Djibouti
- CEO Madagascar Tourism Board
- Hon. Edward Bartlett, Minister of Tourism, Jamaica.
Introduction & Discussions
- Awards: Partnership with World Travel Awards
- Investments: Cooperations with International Tourism Investment Conference and other activities
- Branding & Smart Advertising
- Marketing & PR: Cooperation with qualified partners
- Reaching out to potential secondary markets
- Road Shows, Virtual Road Shows, Tour Operator Office Visits.
- MICE Action Group
- Aviation Action Group
- Call Center
- @africantourismboard.com email address
- Friends of the media network
- Friends of the trade network
- Travel & Tourism Security: Partnership with Tourism & More: Training, certification, and workshops
- Responsible Tourism and Climate Change: Partnership with SUNx, ICTP, and other initiatives
- Peace Through Tourism: Partnership with the International Institute for Peace Through Tourism
- Private/ Public Sector Action Group
- Sponsorship Action Group
Home for the African Tourism Board
- Every member destination should be designated as a home for the African Tourism Board
- Representation in key markets, starting with North America
- Yearly event on the sideline of World Travel Markets
- High-Level African Leaders Action Group
The idea of an African Tourism Board was created by the International Coalition of Tourism Partners (ICTP) based in Seychelles, Brussels, Bali, and Hawaii.
ICTP Chairman Juergen Steinmetz will explain his vision for the African Tourism Board and the upcoming launch. He will introduce the current steering committee and board and will touch on first initiatives that include opportunities for investments, visibility, security, safety, and connectivity.
Steinmetz will also touch on the process bringing the African Tourism Board home to Africa and building a global network to promote Africa as the safest, most desirable and cleanest tourism destination in the world.
Suggestions to add to our agenda? Wanted to become a sponsor? Questions? Contact us
You are invited, space is limited: